Welcome to our third Wellness Wednesday monthly link up which started on January 10th this year! Today I'm providing a progress update on my February wellness goals, setting new goals for March, sharing my favourite exercise equipment, and linking up with several fabulous bloggers who are also on this wellness journey.
If you have a wellness-related post, please feel free to join us by selecting the blue link at the bottom of this post, visit the linked up blogs, and leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
My progress update on my February wellness goals:
1. Meditate 15 minutes daily: I've been doing this daily because it works for me. I love the short duration and the focus during meditation. At night when I meditate with deep breathing, it helps me fall asleep.
2. Exercise one hour daily: Throughout February, I walked 5K each morning, except Sundays when I ran 5K. I alternated my gym days and yoga days during the week. In total, I exercised in the gym twelve times, did yoga at home twelve times, and ran 5K four times.
3. Smile or laugh daily: By writing this goal down, I remember to find humour and genuinely smile or laugh every day. It's one of my 'win circles' so it will stay on my list.
4. Enjoy two family outings on two different weekends: I met this goal when we went away the first weekend in February and went to our family party on Feb. 18. Both locations are about 35 km (25 miles) away from our home. The change of scenery was good, and we had great fun with our extended family and friends.
5. Attend two piano recitals with my friends: I met this goal on Feb. 16 and Feb. 23. The first recital was piano only. The second recital was a piano and violin duet. All three performers were amazing!
My March wellness goals:
We're changing from winter to spring where I live. With nicer weather, and to give myself variety, I'll replace my two completed social goals in February with two travel goals for March as listed below.
1. Meditate 15 minutes daily.
2. Exercise one hour daily.
3. Smile or laugh daily.
4. Explore Chile in March.
5. Plan for spring travels.
My favourite exercise equipment:
Over the years, I've used a number of exercise equipment such as elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, indoor rowing machine, bosu, dumb bells, pulley station, balls, and skip rope, to name a few. Yet my favourite exercise equipment is actually my body. I think our body weight is excellent for calisthenic workouts, and other types of exercises such as yoga.
Some examples of good calisthenic exercises that we can do with our arms, legs, and body weight include: abs, planks, side planks, push-ups, burpees, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squats, or lunges. Start with selecting 5 or more exercises and keep repeating without a break between sets for at least two sets each, and you'll be amazed what a workout it is.
Short on time? Try the scientific 7-minute workout as published here. Want something more gentle? Do light exercise and the ten basic stretches as shown here.
Regardless of what equipment we have for exercise, I think the key to success is to exercise consistently (use it or lose it).
Your turn... How are you doing with your wellness goals? What is your favourite exercise equipment or gadget?